Friday, July 16, 2010

Wedding Sampler

One of my recent projects was a wedding sampler I made for my friends Mandy and Wyatt, who got married on July 4. The design is by The Sweetheart Tree: "To Have and To Hold". I stitched this over 2 on 32 count hand-dyed linen in Dark Tan by Silkweaver Fabrics. Threads were by DMC, Weeks Dye Works and Kreinik. I really enjoyed stitching this because it had a lot of specialty stitches I had never tried before. The pattern was great - very easy to follow with blown up stitch diagrams and very clear instructions for all of the specialty stitches. Some of the special stitches used were Rhodes Heart, Couching with Cable, Scotch Stitch, Oblique Herringbone stitch, Smyrna Cross stitch, Lattice Work with Tacking, Diamond Eye Stitch and Bargello stitch. Here is the finished & framed product:


No comments:

Post a Comment