Friday, February 15, 2013

Song of the Weather SAL - January & February

I've joined another stitch-a-long this year: Mabel Figworthy's Song of the Weather Hardanger SAL.
For this SAL, there is an option to stitch all the parts together in one piece, or to stitch each one separately. I have chosen to stitch each separately and make them into small cards or ornaments.

January's design featured no cutwork, but taught some basic Hardanger stitches, including Kloster Blocks, Satin Stitch, a Star Motif, a Tulip Motif, Colonial Knots, Lazy Daisy, and Herringbone Square.
I stitched on 25 count antique white Lugana, and used Caron Watercolours, Wildflowers, and Waterlilies in Blue Lavender and Ice. I also used DMC Perle #8 and #5 in White, and I added a strand of Rainbow Gallery Petite Treasure Braid in Pearl to the Kloster Blocks. Here is the finished design:


And here it is made into a card:


February's design featured some cutting, Kloster Blocks, Dove's Eyes, Woven Bars, and Bead Edging. I again stitched on 25 count antique white Lugana, and used Caron Watercolours in Orchid, Caron Wildflowers in Mulberry, DMC Perle #8, #5 and stranded cotton in White, and Mill Hill beads in Wild Plum. I finished the stitching, but have not made this one into a card yet. 


No comments:

Post a Comment