Monday, April 29, 2013

Around the World in 80 Stitches SAL - Part 5 of 24

The latest part of this SAL has a lot of interesting stitches. Most of them were very simple to stitch, but have a very intricate appearance.

The center section has two versions of the Plaited Slav stitch, a straight version and a diagonal version. The green stitches coming out of the Diagonal Plaited Slave stitches are Croatian stitches. The pattern also called for Montenegrin stitches in the same area, but I felt that they were too chunky and did not look right, so I did all of them in Croatian stitches.


These are surrounded by Star Eyelet stitches.

Surrounding the center section are Asymmetric Eyelet stitches, which look like blooms, and flower stitches, made up of cross stitches, long stitches, and lazy daisy stitches. I really love the look of the Asymmetric Eyelet stitches, I will definitely keep them in mind for other projects. 



1 comment:

  1. Hi Kim, Looks like you have'nt blogged in a long time.......That is such a pity as I find your work very beautiful ! I am just starting my first Chatelaine design ( Mini mandalas 1-3 ) Thought I would start small !
    Hugs
    Chris Richards
    http://ellascraftcreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete