Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Chatelaine Christmas Mandala

I've just finished the Chatelaine Christmas Mandala, which is a free pattern available on the Chatelaine website. This one was very fun to stitch, and quite detailed for a freebie! I stitched this on 32 count Antique White linen, using DMC threads, Kreinik metallics, and beads from my stash. I changed the color of some of the beads, and added some additional beads where the pattern called for french knots (I was not about to do french knots with metallic thread!!) so my finished piece looks a little different than the model, but I like the way it turned out. I am planning on finishing it into a flat-fold ornament, but I have some supplies to buy before I can do that.



2 comments:

  1. This is so pretty Kim ! Love it !
    I am finding hard to comment because you have 'word verification '
    switched on........If you switch it off, you will get more comments and followers, hope this helps you Kim,
    hugs
    Chris Richards
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy I found your page !!! Beautiful... ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS work. I just bought my first Chatelaine pattern and I'm looking at the pages in front of me. Some of the stitches I don't know what to do with and feel some what over my head. Thanks for all you posted on your page .. I'll be back for sure ! You can find me on FB at "The Working Needle at The Dragonfly" stop by and say hello. I went over and got the "around the world" charts too. Thanks so much !! Happy Stitching to you ! XXX

    ReplyDelete