Monday, March 18, 2013

Around the World in 80 Stitches - Part 2 of 24

I've just completed Part 2 of this Stitch-a-Long, and learned several new stitches along the way. I also decided that the metallic I originally chose did not "pop" enough, so I replaced it with two colored metallics (one in pink and one in blue) instead.

Here is the whole piece so far:

This section has two hardanger sections, which could be stitched as "cut" or "no-cut." I decided to do the "no-cut" version, since I don't think I am experienced enough with hardanger to cut a piece this big. Here are the hardanger pieces in both tulips:


This section also introduced the Mordvinian Star Stitch, which I found a little tricky. It looks a little wonky up close, but has a very nice effect from a distance. Inside the sections of Star Stitch are Pulled Eyelet Stitches.


Next up is Swedish Split Stitch, with a few stray cross stitches, ray stitches, and backstitches.


Next are some Danish Knots surrounding ray stitches, with a couple of rice stitches, cross stitches, ray stitches, and backstitches.


In the center of the section is a Divided Round Eyelet stitch:


And in the corners, there are flowers made of Queen Stitches and ray stitches:


Lastly, here are some closeups from what I redid with the new metallics in part 1, the Norwich stitch and the Lindisfarne stitch:


No comments:

Post a Comment